There are some people who do not know how to identify their hair type, so this article i will explore them. Every person has a special hair type, in addition to the fact that hair type can vary as a person gets older. A child’s hair can be smooth and when it grows up it becomes curly, so we will learn about everything related to hair.
How do I know my hair type?
If you are looking for how to know my hair type, there are several methods that must be followed, in order to know the type of hair, and among these steps are the following:
We wash our hair with water and shampoo or conditioner designed for hair, then dry it well or wait until it dries completely. We should not dry the hair through hair straightening or any other electrical method. Because exposure of hair to heat affects the quality of hair and changes its type.
Do not use any type of oil on the hair, so as not to change the quality of the hair. In addition to not using any type of cosmetic that contains oils or chemicals; Because it changes the quality of hair. After drying the hair well after showering, we should not tie the hair. Rather, we leave it on, then sleep and wait for about 12 hours straight without tying our hair.
Early in the morning we place our hands on the scalp and then decide accordingly. If we notice the presence of oils in the scalp, this means that our hair is oily. If the scalp is dry, the hair type is dry. Whereas, if the hair has an oily scalp and the ends are split or dry, then this hair is mixed.
What are the characteristics of dry hair?
Each hair type is different from the other, as the characteristics of dry hair differ completely from oily and mixed hair. It tangles in a very short time, so if you have dry hair, you will suffer when you comb it. Dry hair feels dull and dull in color. Split, especially the ends, so we find those with dry hair resorting to cutting the ends after a period of one to two months. Its texture is noticeably dry and dry, as you can feel it just by looking without putting your hands on it; Because it is very dry.
Dry hair, although it does not look very good, people with dry hair are characterized by thick hair, as the hair is heavy, but there are those who suffer from the ends of the hair, which are thin.
Causes of dry hair
Dry hair has causes that lead to its dryness, which must be recognized. So that people with dry hair do not suffer, Washing hair for long periods, as hair cannot be washed every day as this leads to dryness and loss of vitamins contained within it, so it is best to wash hair only two days a week. Excessive use of shampoo, as some people believe that cleaning hair is by applying a lot of shampoo or soap to it, but this belief is wrong, as this leads to hair destruction and dryness.
Excessive exposure of the hair to heat, as in this way the hair loses its shine and luster and becomes dry. In addition, heat kills the hair follicles and prevents its growth. Exposure of hair to ultraviolet rays for long periods. We all know the harmful effects of sunlight on the skin, but we do not know that it has a negative effect on the hair as well, as it leads to dryness. If dry hair lacks fatty substances that soften the hair and make it shiny, this is due to the absence of glands that secrete fats in the scalp.
How to moisturize dry hair
Moisturizing dry hair is essential to keep it healthy, soft, and manageable. Here are some steps and tips to help you moisturize your dry hair effectively:
- Start with a hydrating shampoo and conditioner formulated for dry or damaged hair. Look for products that contain ingredients like glycerin, hyaluronic acid, or natural oils such as argan oil or coconut oil. Avoid washing your hair daily as it can strip away natural oils. Aim to shampoo every 2-3 days or as needed. When washing your hair, use lukewarm water instead of hot water, as hot water can further dry out your hair and scalp.
- Apply conditioner from mid-length to the ends of your hair, avoiding the scalp. Leave it on for a few minutes to allow it to penetrate and moisturize the hair strands. Use a deep conditioner or hair mask once a week to provide intense moisture. Leave it on for the recommended time to deeply nourish your hair. Consider using a leave-in conditioner or detangler to provide extra hydration throughout the day.
- Excessive use of heat styling tools like hair dryers, straighteners, and curling irons can contribute to dryness. Use them sparingly and always apply a heat protectant before styling. Prolonged sun exposure can dehydrate your hair. Wear a hat or use a UV-protective spray when spending time in the sun. Get regular hair trims to remove split ends and prevent further damage.
- Use a wide-toothed comb or a brush specifically designed for detangling to minimize breakage when brushing your hair. Try to avoid hair products that contain harsh chemicals like sulfates and alcohol, as they can strip away moisture. Drink plenty of water and maintain a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals to promote healthy hair growth.
- Occasionally, apply natural oils like coconut oil, argan oil, or olive oil to your hair. Leave the oil on for a few hours or overnight, then wash it out for added moisture. Sleeping on a silk or satin pillowcase can help reduce friction and prevent moisture loss from your hair. Tight hairstyles like ponytails and braids can stress your hair and scalp, potentially leading to dryness. Opt for looser styles when possible.
Characteristics of normal hair
Normal hair has moderate characteristics. Normal hair cannot be called dry or oily. When we wait 12 hours after showering, we find normal hair as it is, that is, it does not shine too much or is not too dry. It does not contain much fat, but is soft but simple.
How to care for normal hair
Hair has specific care methods, The limbs decrease after a month or two, but we must not exceed that specified period. We use shampoo once or twice a week. We use hair cosmetics of known origin, and it is preferable to use products under the supervision of a doctor.
We do not comb the hair forcefully, so as not to weaken the hair follicles, in addition to not tying the hair tightly, and not tying it directly after showering. We must wait for it to dry. The hairstyle should not be fixed, as this leads to hair loss. Rather, we should diversify our hairstyles.
Characteristics of oily hair
Oily hair is the most famous type of hair . It is easy to style, in addition to its distinctive shiny appearance. It contains a lot of fat. We must wash it several times until it loses a large amount of fat.